Pool F: Brazil – Netherlands
• Netherlands have beaten Brazil once in 19 main tournament matches. They decided a five setter for them in 2007 at the World Grand Prix.
• Brazil have conceded a total of only 10 sets against Netherlands in 19 main tournament matches. Five of these 10 came in two matches.
• Brazil and Netherlands have met at six World Championships, including the last four. Brazil won all six matches, including four in straight sets.
• Just like in 2006 and 2010, Brazil have started their World Championship with only victories. In the last two tournaments, their first defeat came in the final (both v RUS).
• Brazil have lost only two of their last 29 World Championship matches. Their last defeat in Second Round/2nd Group stage match came 12 matches ago, in 2002 against USA (3-0).
• Brazil have won four of their first six matches in straight sets. The only nations that claimed sets off Brazil are CEV sides (TUR, SRB).
• Six of Netherlands’ last seven World Championship matches ended in straight sets. They won four and lost two of these.
• Netherlands have lost three of their first six matches, most since 1998. In 2002, 2006 and 2010, they lost only two of their opening six encounters.
• Netherlands lost in straight sets against Serbia on Wednesday. They can suffer their first back-to-back defeats without winning a set since 2002, when Korea and Cuba were stronger.