Pool F: Turkey – United States
• The last and only time these two teams met at the World Championship was in 2006, when United States proved too strong (3-1).
• Turkey and United States also met at the 2014 World Grand Prix when Turkey beat United States in five sets.
• Turkey failed to win a set against United States only once which was in their meeting at the 2012 Olympic Games.
• Turkey have won their last three matches against NORCECA nations (against Dominican Republic, Canada, Canada) after losing their first two (against Cuba, United States).
• Turkey come off a straight sets win against Cameroon. They can win back-to-back matches for the second time at the World Championships, after beating NORCECA nations Dominican Republic and Canada consecutively in 2010.
• Four of Turkey’s last five wins at the World Championship came in straight sets.
• United States ended the first round as the only side with maximum points (15).
• United States can start a World Championship with six victories for the fourth time, after 1982 (6), 2002 (10) and 2010 (6).
• United States have won eight of their last 10 matches against teams from Europe, including both matches in 2014 (against Netherlands, Russia). Only against Russia and Italy in 2010, they failed to win.