Pool B: Serbia – CanadaHead-to-head
- Serbia will play Canada for the first time at the World Championship. They have also never met in a major tournament.
- Serbia have won their last two world championship matches against NORCECA sides: 3-0 against Costa Rica (2010) and 3-1 against Cuba (2006).
- Canada are on a 15-match losing streak against European opposition in the competition (1978-2014), winning only eight sets in these matches.Serbia
- Serbia have won all three matches at the 2014 World Championship and can win their first four for the third consecutive time (2006 and 2010).
- They won their third match in straight sets against Cameroon and can win two consecutive world championship matches by 3-0 for the first time since 2006-2010.
- Serbia have won a total of 74 sets and could become the 18th team to win at least 75 sets at the World Championship.Canada
- Canada have won only one of their last 12 world championship matches (3-1 v Cameroon in the first matchround). They failed to win a single set in eight of those matches.
- A win against Serbia could give Canada their second win at the 2014 World Championship. In their previous two participations, 2002 and 2010, they managed only one victory in total.
- The last time Canada took two victories at a single World Championship was back in 1990.